There is no minimum age requirement to be a volunteer driver. In accordance with Nevada State Law, you must have a valid Drivers License and car insurance. Providing your driver information gives you the ability or option to drive. This in no way obligates you to be a volunteer driver. You can still ride in the vans if you aren't a volunteer driver, but you are not authorized to drive the van unless you fill out 1) Drivers License #, 2) Drivers License State and 3) Your Car Insurance Company name.
A volunteer driver applicant must meet the following criteria at the time of application.
1. Driver has volunteered to be a vanpool driver and has not been designated by a group or company as a driver and receives no compensation from a group or company for driving. The Driver is an independent party participating, with others, in a voluntary, not for profit, ridesharing arrangement.
2. Driver has a valid driver's license from the state in which driver is a resident.
3. Driver has a current automobile insurance policy.
4. Driver has a minimum of five years current and uninterrupted licensed driving experience.
5. Driver does not have more than one moving violation or at-fault accident in the past 12 months.
6. Driver does not have more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents in the past 36 months (or any combination thereof).
7. Driver does not have any record of convictions for serious offenses such as:
A. Excessive speed (20 mph or more over posted speed limit)
B. Operating to endanger.
C. Reckless or careless driving.
D. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
E. Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked license.
F. School bus stopping or passing violations.
G. Leaving the scene of an accident involving personal injury or property damage.
H. Motor vehicle homicide.
FedVan reserves the right to approve or deny drivers at any time based on information derived from a Motor Vehicle Report or from any responsible report or passenger claims.
DRIVING RECORDS DISCLOSURE OF INTENT TO OBTAIN CONSUMER REPORTS OF A DRIVING RECORD
In compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, FedVan hereby notifies you that to determine eligibility and give approval to become a volunteer driver and drive a vehicle owned or managed by FedVan, FedVan will request a consumer report from a Consumer Reporting Agency ( CRA ). The consumer reports will be limited to a driving record and this Disclosure of Intent will only be used to obtain a driving record.